Junior Product Designer
London – Runway East, London (flexible and hybrid working)
About Learn Amp
Learn Amp is an award-winning People Development Platform. We’re a SaaS solution that helps our customers drive higher engagement, retention and performance in people. Our mission is ‘Helping people and organisations learn, connect and perform better: making work life, work better’.
We’re growing, fast and we’re looking for a talented Junior Product Designer to join our team.
We’re looking for a talented Junior Product Designer with a passion for designing engaging and delightful products. You’ll have the opportunity to bring great ideas to life that provide real value to our customers.
Your role will be to be the go-to person for product design within the business advocating for good design decisions. You’ll be simplifying complex customer problems with great design.
You will work closely with the product team and report to the Chief Product Officer. You will also be collaborating with the development team to ensure that your designs are fully realized.
You’ll have a proactive attitude, desire to learn new skills and a desire to collaborate with others.
You’re a designer with a passion for products and great design.
You have at least 1 year of experience as a UI Designer or Product Designer, or similar role. Ideally you will have experience in B2B SaaS company (HR/L&D/edTech space a bonus). Experience in designing complex products or apps (not just brochureware) will be beneficial. Any experience in marketing / sales asset design is a plus.
Your strengths include a strong eye for design principles and standards. You enjoy problem solving / design thinking and are familiar with concepts such as Agile and Sprints. You’re tech-savvy and be motivated by impact (driven by feedback from data and people). Bonus points if you are confident using tools such as Monday.com and Slack.
What you will do
1. Design process management
- Create consistent and effective designs
- Create a design system including UI elements + colours
- Identify a process to create re-usable assets such as UI elements, colours and icons
- Work closely with our Tech team to provide clear, pixel perfect designs and respond to design driven questions mid-sprint
- Work closely with the Product team to review customer feedback and data trends
2. Commercial impact
- Drive Engagement: create designs our customers love so that they engage with the system on a weekly basis (Weekly Active Users)
- Create evangelists: by creating an engaging, valuable system you will support
3. Strategy and process
- Create a design system for clear and consistent design by creating reusable UI elements + colours
- Clear communication: You will work with internal Learn Amp teams on product feedback, delivery timescales and software releases
- Point of contact for design decisions
These are how success will be measured in the first few months. If these projects excite you— please apply!
- Deliver engaging designs for new social features including message feeds and more
- Kick off our app design project
- Create a design system to ensure our designs are beautiful and consistent
- Eye for design— solid understanding of design principles; quick to spot the difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ design and critique/accept criticism of your own design
- Empathetic and customer focused—learn from our customers through research, testing and data; have them in mind when making design decisions
- Curious about product—opinions on what makes good or bad product design
- Clear and confident communicator —explain your design decisions clearly
- Testing and prototyping—identify the right solution with ease
- Critical and creative mind—enjoy problem solving and continuous improvement
- Prioritisation and multi-tasking—perform well under pressure
We hire for values-fit, not culture-fit. We look for people who share our values and want to contribute to building our culture.
- Integrity: work in an open, authentic, ethical and fair manner
- Innovation: a natural curiosity, keen to explore ideas and ways of working
- Impact: focus on delivering a positive impact, quickly; being action orientated
- Ownership: self-starter and motivated to manage yourself as well as being resilient and resourceful
Salary and perks
- Salary: £25,000 — £30,000 dependent on prior experience
- Hybrid working: mix of working remotely and in our London office
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and socials
- Workplace pension
- 25 days paid holiday including Office Reset between Christmas and New Year
- Plus other great perks!
Please email your CV (including portfolio) and a cover note (mandatory) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hire on a rolling basis.
If you are shortlisted, this is the process that you can expect
📹 5-minute self-record video (30 mins)
📝 timed mission and profile assessment (60 mins)
🚀 your experience, competencies and values interview (60 mins via Zoom)
🤝 role play and meet some of the team interview (60 mins via Zoom)
At Learn Amp, we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive environment for people to feel fulfilled at work. This is central to our mission ‘making work life, work better’.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we know that some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they’re 100% qualified — if you’re unsure, please apply.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we regret that we’re unable to reply to everyone. We only contact people who we’d like to progress